Where to apply
* Click here
to apply online
* Visit the nearest NYDA Centre
* Apply on campus at the Financial Aid Office
Step 1 - Create your myNSFAS account
Create a myNSFAS account
- You must create a myNSFAS account to keep track of your journey at NSFAS and update your contact details.
- To complete the process you will need a valid cellphone number and email address
- If you do not have an email address, you can easily create a gmail address, by clicking here.
Step 2 - click the APPLY tab and complete the application form
Before filling in the application form, you will need to have scanned copies of all the supporting documents. These supporting documents must be uploaded.
When you have completely filled in the application form and attached all the supporting documents, click the submit button, and wait to receive a reference number.
Drop and go
Step 1 - Vist your local NYDA office
Visit your provincial/regional NYDA centre/office where you will be given a paper application form to fill in. Ask the NYDA centre workers to explain the application process to you, and read the paper application form to familiarise yourself with it.
Step 2 - Fill in the form and attach your supporting documents
- Use black ink to fill in the application form and write within the blocks and with CAPITAL letters.
- Do not cancel out any text and make sure you write clearly.
- Your parents will need to sign the consent form.
- Have certified copies of the listed supporting documents with you and attach them to the application form by stapling them together before submitting the application.
- The documents must be certified on the front side of the page and should not be older than 3 months.
- Sign the completed application form and take it to one of the assistants to check that everything is in place.
You will receive a small acknowledgement of receipt card, to which the assistant will attach a bar code (a duplicate bar code will also be attached to your application form).